By Bobbi Burger Brunoehler of BobbisBargains.
It has been decided! There IS going to be a food swap at Frugal Festival Food! on June 25th at Canoga Park High School.
I’m super excited and I hope you are too. Food swapping is such a great way to turn your large batch of homemade marmalade, marinade, or marshmallow into homemade bread, herbs, and brownies.
Each food swap is slightly different and the exact rules and ways we will swap will be sent out to each confirmed swapper prior to the swap. We are still working out the fine details, but wanted to get the word out right away. For right now, here is the basic idea:
- There is a limited number of spaces available for the swap, so if you want to be included, you must send me an email requesting to be added to the food swap list. Email BobbisBargains at hotmail.com.
- Reserve your space with a free ticket through EventBrite.
- The food swap is free and will get you into Frugal Festival Food! for free. Hot deal!
- We will swap from 11:00 am to 12:45 pm.
- The swap will be held outside but in a totally shaded area.
- There will be NO sampling of food.
- All items to be traded are to be handmade or self grown.
- Your traded item should be equivalent to a jar of jam. In other words, you won’t swap a small cookie for a jar of jam. You will swap a package of 6 or 8 cookies for a jar of jam (unless you have a HUGE cookie.) You get the idea.
- All swap items will need to be packaged.
More information will be forthcoming on specifics on how we will swap. The main thing is to get your spot reserved and get your name on the list so I can start coordinating.
OK, let me know if you want to be part of this fun food swap. Email me now. BobbisBargains at hotmail.com